Community College Grant Program: Eligibility Requirements
- Do you work in a licensed program with children ages 0-5, kindergarten, before/after
school or off-track care? Are you a licensed day care provider?
- Do you provide child care in an adult education setting, at a private school site,
in a facility where parents are on-site or a co-op?
- All of the above qualify you to become a Participant in our Child Development Training
MJC Tuition Reimbursement
- All qualified students are eligible for reimbursement, however, if you are receiving
financial aid or your employer or another third party pays for your tuition, you have
a lower priority. Pending the number of participants and available funds, you may
or may not receive reimbursement. You should follow the instructions to request reimbursement
if you wish to be considered.
- Qualified students can apply for tuition reimbursement for all classes numbered 50
and above (work experience or physical education courses are not eligible) that you
receive a grade of C or better in. The reimbursement is based on all books being returned
by Finals week. Your student profile must be submitted by the deadline in order to
receive reimbursement. The application is available at: www.childdevelopment.org. After your profile is submitted online you must also print the page that requires
your signature as well as a page for your employer to sign verifying your employment.
Those forms must be submitted to our office either in person, or by mailing them to
MJC Child Development, 2201 Blue Gum Avenue, Modesto, CA 95350. At the end of each
semester, please complete the student evaluation at the CDTC website.
Book Loan Program
- We have purchased textbooks for loan for most of the Child Development core classes. Books
are loaned on a first come, first served basis - your Participant Profile must be
completed in full before textbooks can be borrowed.
Participant Profiles may be turned in to the Family and Consumer Sciences Office,
Muir Hall 157 during regular office hours Mon. - Thurs. 8am-5pm, Fri. 8am-4:30pm.
- NO BOOKS WILL BE HANDED OUT ON THE DAY YOU TURN THE PROFILE IN.
- If you are a home day care provider, a copy of your day care license must be attached
to your profile.
- IF YOU ARE ON A WAIT LIST, you will not be loaned a book until you are a student in
- Not returning books in a timely manner one semester may affect your ability to borrow
books in future semesters.
Professional Growth Advising
- Did you know that anyone holding a permit at the Teacher level or above and having
3 years of experience teaching or serving as a director in an ECE setting is recognized
as a Professional Growth Advisor? Talk with your Program Director or Site Supervisor.
- For Professional Growth Training opportunities follow this link: https://www.stancoe.org/educators-and-staff