Help With Online Classes
Canvas is the online learning management system (LMS) for courses at MJC. Online and remote courses use Canvas for communication, course content, assignments, and announcements. Zoom is a video conferencing tool used for remote class meetings and online instructor office hours.
Zoom and Canvas Webinars
These webinars are geared toward students that would like to learn how to use Zoom and Canvas. Simply click on the link on the date and time of the one you'd like to join.
Meeting ID: 941 3290 9223
Feb. 25 @ 6 pm
Meeting ID: 923 9304 2242
March 8 @ 10 am
Meeting ID: 946 5638 1254
March 11 @ 6 pm
Meeting ID: 999 4536 1763
Desktops and Laptops: Join Zoom meetings through a web browser or the Zoom app.
Note: Keep the Zoom app updated on your computer by following these steps:
- Open the Zoom App on your computer (not Zoom on your browser). Sign in.
- Click on your image or avatar in the upper right corner (not the gear icon).
- Click “Check for Updates.”
Mobile Devices: Join Zoom meetings through the app.
Many Internet Service Providers offer free or low-cost options to qualifying customers.
- Canvas Student Guides cover a range of topics including getting started in Canvas, submitting assignments, and participating in discussions.
- Check out the video below for a quick overview on how to get started in Canvas:
- Submitting Assignments in Canvas
- Accessing Assignment Feedback in Canvas
- Posting Discussions in Canvas
- Recording Videos in Canvas
- Canvas Modules
- Canvas Inbox
- Manage Email Notifications from Canvas
- Download or Update Google Chrome (Recommended Browser for Canvas)
You can use Canvas courses from a computer by clicking the Canvas icon at the upper right of this webpage, or you can download the smartphone app:
Other Helpful Resources for Online Classes
- Turnitin Student Guides
- VoiceThread Student Guides
- PlayPosit Student Guide
- Take a Screenshot
- on Windows: Press the windows key + Print Screen (PrtScn). Access the image from Pictures.
- on Macs: Press Shift + Command + 3. Access the image from your desktop.
- Submit handwritten assignments to Canvas using Adobe Scan from a smartphone.
- Free download of Microsoft Office 365 Suite for writing essays and completing assignments.
- Take the Online Readiness Quiz
- Plagiarism: What It Is and How To Avoid It