The Child Development program offers both theoretical and practical courses which focus on the growth and development of children from conception to late adolescence.
The program offers:
Certificates of Achievement in Child Development
- Associate Teacher
- Master Teacher
- Site Supervisor
- Early Intervention
Degrees in Child Development
- Associate of Science Degree
- FAMLF 131, Family Relationships
Foods and Nutrition
- FDNTR 219, Nutrition
Check the MJC searchable schedule for semester course offerings.
- Experience the joy and satisfaction of a career in the field of Early Care and Education (video)
- Looking for child care? Child Care Resource and Referral
- Want to become a home day care provider or open a child care center? Orientation Information
- The CA Dept. of Social Services now has a WEBSITE posting information about licensed facilities throughout California. There is information on facilities, including visits, inspections and citations.
- MJC Early Care & Education Program Toddler Intern Opportunity 2019-2020 application
Children's Festival 2014 SLIDESHOW