Select "Apply Online" to begin the application.
Students will receive via email their Student ID 'w' number within 2-3 business days
(during business hours) of completing the application. Students must complete the
core services (orientation, assessment and educational planning) by the college established
deadline in order to be eligible for priority registration.
Please note: Students returning after an absence of one or more years must complete an Admissions Application for New Students to reactivate their status as a student.
Who is Eligible?
Any person who meets at least one of the following requirements is eligible to attend Modesto Junior College:
- Has graduated from an accredited high school; includes students who have received high school certificates of completion (or equivalent) but did not pass the California High School Exit Exams.
- Has passed the CA High School Proficiency Exam or the GED test.
- Is a non-high school graduate, 18 years of age or older, who is no longer attending high school and is able to benefit from instruction.
- Is a 7th-12th grade student, who is at least 14 years old, who has met all established special conditions for admission as a special student pursuant to Sections 48800, 48800.5, 48801, 48802, 76000, 76001, and 76002 of the California Education Code as well as policies of Yosemite Community College District, has written permission from the high school principal (or junior high superintendent) and parent or legal guardian.
- An international student who has completed the international student admission procedure.
Special Part-Time Students (High school or Junior high students over the age of 13)
Special Part-Time Students must complete an online application in addition to the Special Part-Time Petition for Advanced Admission form. The Special Part-Time petition needs to be submitted every academic year. To maintain tuition-free status, Dual Enrollment students are permitted to enroll in a maximum of 11 units each semester. Students can enroll in non-credit and non-degree applicable courses.
International students must apply for admission through the MJC International Student Program located in the Student Center, East Campus.