Registration Hold and Drop for Non-Payment Effective Spring 2023
MJC students must have a zero-dollar balance before their registration date and time for the upcoming semester or they will NOT be able to register for classes. If any fees are owed after the term begins, a hold will be placed on the students record preventing future registration.
How to avoid a registration hold:
- Have a zero-dollar balance
Registration holds will begin Spring 2023 semester starting with priority registration on October 24, 2022.
Registration Hold Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do I find my balance?
- You can find your current balance in PiratesNet under Account Summary. Click on the 3 lines in the upper left-hand corner of your screen. Click on the “Student Finance” tab. Click on “Account Summary.” You will have the options to make a payment or set up a payment plan under the “Student Finance” tab.
- When will a hold be put on my account?
- If you owe fee’s when registration begins, you will have a hold placed on your account until you have a zero-dollar balance.
- What if I owe a balance at the time of my assigned registration date?
- You will be blocked from registering. Once you reach a zero-dollar balance, the hold will be removed, and you will be able to register for your next semester classes.
- What if I have set up a payment plan and still owe a balance on my account, will I
be able to register for the upcoming semester?
- No, until your account reflects a zero-dollar balance, the hold will continue to block you from registration. Be sure to pay your full tuition PRIOR to your upcoming registration date and time to avoid a registration hold.
MJC students will be dropped from classes when they do not pay their account balance for each term.
Spring 2023 Drop Date: 1/5/2023. Students must pay outstanding balance by 1/4/2023 by 5:00pm to avoid being dropped for non-payment.
How to avoid being dropped for non-payment (complete one of the following options):
- Apply for and receive Financial Aid assistance.
- Set up a payment plan.
- Establish a payment plan. Allow up to 1 business days after the payment plan has been established to reflect on your account.
- Pay your fees to have a zero-dollar balance by 1/4/2023 no later than 5:00pm. If registration fees remain unpaid students will be dropped from all classes on 1/5/2023.
For more information regarding drop for non-payment, please visit the Business Services Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
For more information regarding fees, please visit the Business Services website or call 209.575.6828.