Online Faculty Resources
24/7 Faculty Canvas Helpline
- 209-575-7763 (regular MJC business hours)
- 844-303-8280 (all night and weekends)
Getting Started With Canvas
- Logging into Canvas for the first time
- Using the Canvas gradebook (10 Minute Video)
- Adding handouts to your Canvas course
- Self-paced "How To Use Canvas" course
Other Canvas Guides
- Canvas Instructor Guides (official)
- Printing Canvas Grades
- Combining Canvas Sections
- Copying a Canvas Course
- Canvas Shortcuts (a quick "how-to" list)
- Turnitin in Canvas
- VoiceThread in Canvas
- Zoom Video Conferencing in Canvas
- Adding Twitter With Pictures to Canvas
- Using "Films on Demand" and "Kanopy" in Canvas (excellent video resources)
- Canvas "Start Here" module for MJC (most courses should have this pre-installed)
The @One Certification Course will teach you course design skills, show you how to improve your student success and retention rates, and give you tips and tricks for making the most of our learning management system and new media.
Sidekick combines multiple, free community college resources in one location and is sponsored by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office.
College Buys is sponsored by the Foundation for California Community Colleges and offers steeply discounted software for students and faculty.
Canvas is very "Googleable." If you don't see what you need here, search for it online and you will likely find what you're looking for.
Workshops & Training
- Website Accessibility Checklist
Alternate Media Resources at MJC
- Self-paced "Creating Accessible Course Content" course
- Self-paced "Microsoft Word Accessibility" micro-course
- Self-paced "PowerPoint Accessibility" micro-course
- Self-paced "PDF Accessibility" micro-course
- Self-paced "Video Captioning" micro-course
Regular Effective Contact
More How-to Videos
How do I ...
Other Resources at MJC
- Request a Sandbox Shell Anyone needing a "sandbox" Canvas shell for experimentation purposes should use the link below. Sandbox shells are never populated with students, but the content can be easily copied to a "real" production shell. This form is for MJC faculty only. Request a Development Shell
- Report a problem with Canvas
- MJC Distance Education Committee
- YCCD IT Service Desk