Questions & Answers

Columbia College Students: Please refer to the Columbia College Business Services department for accurate information regarding policies and procedures.

  1. Question: Will my classes be dropped if I do not pay for my fees?
    Answer: No, you will not be dropped from your classes for non-payment. It is the student’s responsibility to drop classes they have registered for but do not plan on attending. 

  2. Question: How do I apply for a refund if I have a credit balance on my account?
    Students have the option of leaving the credit on their account for up to two (2) years. This credit can be used for future registration or apply for a refund here.

  3. Question: Is there a payment plan available?
    Answer: No, payment plans are not available at this time.

  4. Question: What should I do if a sponsor is paying my fees?
    Answer: The organization or program sponsoring a student may forward their authorization to bill to MJC Business Services. MJC may only bill student fees to the sponsor as indicated on the authorization to bill provided. It is the student’s responsibility to report fees and charges accurately to their sponsoring program, and when any applicable changes have been made to the student’s account. The Authorization to Bill form can be found here. Sponsors may contact the MJC Business Services office with questions at (209) 575-6828.

  5. Question: How can I make a payment on PiratesNet without an email account?
    Answer: PiratesNet payments require an email address in order to process your payment. Activate your student email prior to making payment so you can complete your payment process and receive confirmation of payment.

  6. Question: How do I know that my payment was successful on PiratesNet?
    Answer: When payment is successful you should see a popup acknowledge page followed by a confirmation email.  A printed copy of your schedule will show your account balance, as well as all the classes you are registered for or on the waitlist for. If you believe the balance owed is incorrect, you can contact the Business Services Office at (209) 575-6828.

  7. Question: How do I apply for the California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver?
    Answer: You can apply for the California College Promise Grant fee waiver online at