YCCD Employee Occupational Health and Safety
YCCD Risk Management has responsibility for Employee Occupational Health and Safety.
MJC Health and Safety Committee
The MJC Health and Safety Committee will in no way, replace or supersede administration or line management’s responsibility for health and safety. This Committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Foster a culture of health and safety on campus;
- Encourage cooperation among those units at MJC having operational responsibility for health and safety;
- Members of the campus community shall have the opportunity to address the MJC Health and Safety Committee and raise questions or concerns about MJC’s teaching activities, facilities, or support services as they may affect the health and safety of lab personnel, employees, students, and the general public.
- Entertain, consider and respond to recommendations from faculty, staff and students;
- Recommend needs, priorities, and strategies to promote good health, safety, and environmental practices on campus to the President;
- Through the Executive Vice Chancellor for Human Resources and in collaboration with Columbia College Safety Committee, recommend to the Chancellor’s Cabinet District-wide policies with respect to those health and safety matters that are not addressed by the existing administrative panels.
MJC HEALTH & SAFETY COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP 2015