COVID-19 vaccination is one of the most important steps to ending the pandemic. They are safe, effective, and free. To view the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccine, click here.
COVID-19 vaccines are available at Modesto Junior College: Curative hosts FREE COVID-19 vaccinations at MJC East Campus in Student Center, on Wednesdays from 2-7pm and Saturdays from 10-4pm. Visit Curative to view available dates/times and to schedule an appointment. Visit My Turn to view additional statewide vaccine sites. You can also visit Stanislaus County Health Services Agency for current information about clinics in Stanislaus County.
Questions about the COVID-19 vaccine? Are you still unsure if it is right for you? Visit BetweenUsAboutUs or click on the image below to view their video series:
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine safety, visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
COVID-19 testing is available at Modesto Junior College: Curative hosts FREE COVID-19 testing at MJC East Campus in Student Center, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. COVID-19 tests are self-administered nasal swabs (PCR) and results are generally available within 24-48 hours. Tests are free, even if you do not have insurance, and documentation status is neither required or reported. Appointments are made available four days before the testing day. Walk-ups are available but limited. If you have insurance, please bring your information with you. Visit Curative to make an appointment. You may also call 888-702-9042 to learn more.
- For additional COVID-19 test locations in California, click HERE
- 24/7 Health and Human Services Help: For Stanislaus County residents, call 2-1-1 or go to stanislauscounty211.org for assistance with food, housing, health, transportation, mental health, substance use, and legal services.
- 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline, call (800) 799-7233 or click Chat Now; Call 911 if you or the person you are helping is in immediate danger.
- 24/7 Free Medi-Nurse Call Line for COVID-19 Questions: Operated through CA Dept. of Health Care Services, for those without insurance or for those with Medi-Cal but without a regular doctor. Call (877) 409-9052 to speak with a nurse.
- 24/7Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255 or text "COURAGE" to 741741
- 24/7 Mental Health Support: Offered through Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services. If you have a concern about your mental health or the mental health of a loved one, please call us at (209) 558-4600. We can help connect you to the appropriate behavioral health care and/or community support. To learn more, visit Stanislaus County Behavioral and Health Recovery Services.
- Pirate Care offers 24/7 free and unlimited access to a mental health provider from a mobile device or computer.
Local and State Public Health
- Stanislaus County Public Health: Current COVID-19 health statistics, testing information, and recommendations from our county.
- California Department of Public Health: Current COVID-19 and other health statistics and recommendations from California
- Have you lost a loved one to COVID-19? Jessica's House offers grief support to children, teens, young adults, and their families
- HEALTHY HIGHWAY, sponsored by Health Plan of San Joaquin: Daily pick-ups of FREE food, nutrition and exercise programs. Monday – Friday from 2-5pm, 628 Lincoln Center, Stockton.
- Health Plan of San Joaquin and COVID-19 (English and Spanish): Medical care and access information for those with Health Plan of San Joaquin insurance.
- Income Resources: Current government benefits and financial aid resources that may provide financial relief in the short and long term.
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 English & Spanish