Do you want to be part of a team that brings student input to important healthcare decisions on campus? Join the MJC Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)!
SHAC advises MJC Health Services and advocates for MJC students on services and programs
impacting student health.
What you'll get:
- An understanding of the healthcare needs of college students
- An understanding of the services paid for by student health fees
- Networking opportunities with leaders and peers interested in healthcare
- Resume material that shows participation in a campus committee
What you'll do:
- Advocate for health services important to MJC students
- Participate in monthly meetings (first meeting planned for March 2023)
- Get input from fellow students on key decisions
- Join SHAC for at least a one-year term
Who can join SHAC?
- MJC students
- 1-2 faculty member(s) and/or classified professional(s)
SHAC strives for membership that reflects and represents the diversity of MJC’s student body by amplifying these voices in decisions related to student health.
Applications are considered year-round.