ABOUT THIS MANUAL
The Curriculum Manual has historically been developed as a resource for faculty, staff and administrators of Modesto Junior College who develop, review, and maintain courses and programs at Modesto Junior College.
Prior to 2009-2010, the manual was printed and distributed to Curriculum representatives in a binder. However, in an effort to conserve resources, increase access to information, and to ensure currency of information, the MJC Curriculum Committee has chosen to replace the printed manual with this website.
We encourage you to share this resource with your colleagues. Click the listed items below to learn more about each topic.
II. ABOUT THE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE
- Curriculum Committee Bylaws (Approved 4/9/2019)
- MJC Decision Making Process: Curriculum Committee
- Meeting Dates and Deadlines
- Structure of Curriculum Agendas
- Parliamentary Procedure
III. OFFICIAL MJC CATALOG
IV. DEVELOPING & REVIEWING CURRICULUM
- eLumen Curriculum Management System: eLumen
- What is the Course Outline? ASCCC "The Course Outline of Record: A Curriculum Reference Guide 2017"
- The Course Outline of Record: A Curriculum Reference Guide 2008
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Class Capacity Determination Form (Used for all new course proposals and must be submitted with the course in eLumen in order for the course to be approved)
- Expedited Curriculum Approval Guidelines (Reaffirmed 10/09/18)
- Chancellor's Office Inventory of Courses and Programs (COCI)
- CCCCO "Program and Course Approval Handbook" 7th Edition
- Chancellor's Office TOP (Taxonomy of Programs) List (Open this link to search TOP codes for your course or program)
- CCCCO Narrative Template for Degrees and Certificates of Achievement (Revised 7/2013)
- CCCCO Narrative Template for ADTs (Revised 7/2013)
- CCCCO Narrative Template for Noncredit Certificates (CDCP)
- Committee Statement on Noncredit Curriculum (Approved 4/9/19)
- Shadow Prerequisite Procedure (Approved 4/9/19)
- 2-YEAR CTE REVIEW PROCESS AND FORMS:
V. ESTABLISHING TRANSFER (ARTICULATION) WITH OTHER INSTITUTIONS
- Articulation 101 - What is articulation?
- Articulation 102
- The "Art" in Articulation
- How MJC Courses come to be articulated
- Assist Reports: Faculty Access Instructions
- Criteria for Baccalaureate Level CSU Courses
- 2014-2015 UC-TCA Transfer Course Agreement Guidelines
- C-ID (California's "Course Identification Numbering System")
- Articulation Websites
- www.assist.org/web-assist/welcome.html Repository of articulations between community colleges and four year universities.
- info.assist.org Faculty can perform eight different searches-Course Search and Course Articulation Summary being the most popular. Refer to the handout in your binder for detailed information of reports available to you.
VI. PLACING COURSES ON GENERAL EDUCATION PATTERNS
- Title 5 (Section 55063) Minimum Requirements for AA or AS Degrees(Approved by the Curriculum Committee, April 12, 2011)
- CSU-GE Breadth Requirements (CSU Executive Order 1100: Revised August 23, 2017)
- December 2020-GE Reviewers Guiding Notes for CSU-GE/IGETC Patterns
- Reviewing Courses for "American Institutions" Requirement
CSU-EO 405 - Establishing Criteria for American Institutions
- IGETC Standards Version 1.8 (May 2017)