The VA Work Study is a greatly valued team member in the MJC Veterans Office and the Veterans Resource Center (VRC). The VA work study will assist the School Certifying Official and the Program Specialist by providing general information regarding veteran education benefits and campus services. Additional duties include assisting students with general inquiries about veteran education benefits and registration questions via phone, email and in person. You will assist the Certifying Official and Program Specialist in day to day tasks, events, and workshops hosted by the VRC. Students who maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average or higher will be considered for a work study position.
Who is Eligible?
The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training on a full-time or ¾ time basis under the following programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33) (Veterans and transfer-of-entitlement recipients)
- Montgomery GI Bill™--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill™--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)