To be eligible for the Modesto Junior CalWORKs program, students must:
- Receive cash assistance in the form of TANF, for themselves and their children, from the Stanislaus Community Services Agency.
- Enroll at Modesto Junior College.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 (both cumulative and semester).
Once in the program, you can continue eligibility as long as you are receiving cash assistance (TANF) for yourself and you fulfill your responsibilities as a CalWORKs program participant:
- Attend all courses in which you enroll in and complete all coursework assigned each semester.
- Turn in a mid-term grade check.
- Meet with a CalWORKs Counselor at least once, each semester.
- Complete a FAFSA application each academic year (October 1st).
APPLY To CalWORKS:
To apply, complete our CalWORKS Application
Once you complete our application we will contact you to schedule an appointment with a CalWORKs counselor. During this 1 hour appointment, you will receive an introduction to the CalWORKS program and create your educational plan.