Modesto Junior College CalWORKs Program works collaboratively with Stanislaus County Community Services Agency to provide the following support services:
- Priority Registration
- Student Advocacy
- Coordination of Communication Between CalWORKs Students and Stanislaus County
- Ongoing Career and Academic Counseling
- Work-Study Opportunities
- Textbook Vouchers, Reimbursements, & Book Loans
- Tutoring referrals
- Emergency Bus Passes/ Transportation
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- Monthly Attendance Reports
- Referrals to Other On and Off Campus Programs
- CalWORKs Student Support Service Center
- Community Services Agency Case Manager(s) on site
- MJC CalWORKs Scholarship for eligible students
The CalWORKs Program is committed to providing students who are currently receiving TANF/cash aid with coordinated student support programs and special services to assist them in reaching their educational and career goals. Our program is dedicated to guide students through a successful educational journey that will help them achieve long-term economic self-sufficiency.
Student Learning Outcomes
- SAO: Students will understand CalWORKS services and follow the regulations necessary to maintain program eligibility.
- SSLO 1: CalWORKs students understand and follow the CalWORKS program student agreement.
- SSLO 2: CalWORKs students will be knowledgeable about CalWORKS program requirements and services.