The Dream Grant is based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) with in the following range:
2022-2023 Academic Year: EFC of “0 to 6,205"
2023-2024 Academic Year: EFC of “0 to TBD"
State Student Aid uses data from your CADAA (California Dream Act Application), for AB540 students to calculate an EFC (whereas Federal Student Aid uses data from the FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
Below are refund amounts per semester based on enrollment status:
|6 or more units||$250.00||$250.00||$250.00|
- You will be required to complete an ID verification
- You must be enrolled in 6 or more credit each semester
- You must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be eligible for this award each semester
- Repeated courses may not be counted as part of your enrollment status. Click on Terms of Agreement for more information on re-taking coursework
- Courses not listed on your educational plan may not be included as part of your enrollment status
- The Dream Grant is ONLY for qualified students who meet the AB540 eligibility criteria
Q & A's
Q: Why was I awarded this grant?
A: You met the following criteria:
- You filed a California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
- Your EFC is within the qualifying range
Q: How will I receive my refund?
A: It is important for students to have a BankMobile account set up with payment preferences to receive their refund though Bank Mobile. However, if a BankMobile account is not yet set up then a check will be mailed to the student’s home address as listed on PiratesNet. Note: All eligibility requirements indicated above under IMPORTANT INFORMATION must be met.