Contact the friendly Admissions Office staff if you have questions about adding or dropping classes, or filing for pass/no pass.
The Assessment Testing Office administers tests to help you select appropriate courses or satisfy pre-requisites.
International students should start by visiting our Information for International Students.
ASMJC Student Government
Civic Engagement Project
Hispanic Education Conference
Info for Undocumented Students
Prime Shine Pirate Express Bus Schedule
Student's Rights and Responsibilities
Title IX Information
Committees & Associations
California School Employees Assoc.
Distance Education Committee
Professional Development Committee
Resource Allocation Council
Yosemite Faculty Association
A. Modesto Junior College provides a quality education.
1. MJC is accredited by WASC (Association of Western States and Colleges).
2. MJC offers certificates as well as Associate Degrees.
3. MJC prepares its students to transfer to the California State University, University of California, and out of state colleges and universities.
B. Modesto Junior College is affordable.
1. The cost of tuition and fees for out-of-state students is $304 per unit or approximately $7,500 per year.
2. The cost of living in Modesto is quite reasonable compared to other areas of California and averages $8,100 per year for students.
3. The total cost for one academic year is estimated to be $17,000.
C. Modesto Junior College’s application process is simple and straight-forward.
1. International students must complete the International Student Application and
2. Submit a TOEFL score or an equivalent measure of their English ability and
3. Be a high school graduate and submit official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended and
4. Submit financial documents showing a minimum of $17,000 for first year and
5. Submit an autobiographical essay describing themselves and their educational goals.
D. Modesto Junior College provides excellent support services to its international students.
1. The International Student Program provides special services for its international students.
2. The Citizens Committee for International Students (CCIS) provides social activities that promote interaction with the Modesto community.
3. The International Club is available to all students wanting to make friends and participate in social, cultural and educational activities.