1. Drawing All media
2. 3-Dimensional Sculpture, ceramics
3. Painting Oil, watercolor, acrylic
4. Graphics Design, graphic design, computer graphics
5. Mixed Media Works incorporating a combination of media that do not conform to the requirements of the traditional Art or Photography categories. Jurors may place works in, or remove works from this category.
Requirements and Limitations: All two-dimensional works on paper or other fragile materials must be framed; works must have a hanging wire properly and securely attached to the back of each frame. Please tape the ends of all wires so as to avoid injury to gallery staff when hanging. Three-dimensional pieces must stand or hang securely and be ready to install. All assembled parts of a work must be firmly secured. Oil paintings must be dry. There is a limit of three (3) items per artist in a single contest. Entries from a minimum of five (5) contestants are required for a contest.
1. First, pay a one-time $10.00 entry fee at the East Campus, Business Services Office. SEE GENERAL RULES FOR DETAILS.
2. Submit your registered entries, your completed entry form(s), and a copy of your registration receipt to the MJC East Campus, Art Gallery on Monday, March 16th or Tuesday, March 17th between 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Retain a copy of your registration receipt and the entry form for your records.
3. Attach Part A of the entry form to the back, upper left-hand corner of two-dimensional pieces and to the bottom of three-dimensional pieces. Part B of the entry form and registration receipt will be collected separately.
4. Any early submission of artwork (prior to stated deadlines) must be approved and coordinated with the contest coordinator Chelsea Gilmore at 209.575.6097
5. All works will be juried for inclusion in the exhibit. A list of accepted works will be posted on the entry door of the MJC Art Gallery on Friday, March 20th. All works must remain in the MJC Art Gallery for the duration of the entire exhibit.
6. Works not included in the exhibit must be picked up on Tuesday, March 24th or Wednesday, March 25th, in the
MJC Art Gallery between 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
7. The Gallery reception will be on Thursday, April 9th at 5:30 PM. The awards ceremony will begin at 6:00 PM. Accepted works will be exhibited in the MJC Art Gallery from Tuesday, April 7th to Thursday, April 23rd.
8. Sales are encouraged and are to be arranged between the purchaser and the artist exclusively.
IMPORTANT! After the exhibit all accepted work must be picked up at the MJC Art Gallery on Monday, April 22nd or Tuesday, April 23rd 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. A student ID is required for artwork(s) pick-up.
Entries not retrieved by 4:00 PM on Thursday April 25th will become
property of Modesto Junior College.
For further information, contact
Chelsea Gilmore 209.575.6097 email@example.com