Faculty authors, interested in attending an eLumen curriculum workshop? Use the form below to submit a request (Workshops are in fall and spring only):
Contact Information for Curriculum Questions/Technical Assistance
Phone: (209) 575-6977
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. OR
Microsoft Teams Chat with Heather Townsend or Kelly Addington
Curriculum Development, Review and Approval
A college curriculum - its breadth and rigor of courses, requirements for degrees and certificates, and the pathways that attending students take to finish them - is what defines the educational quality of an institution. At this site faculty, staff, and administrators at Modesto Junior College can find resources to support the creation, ongoing review, and management of curriculum - courses, degrees, and certificates at MJC, in support of the MJC mission.
The Modesto Junior College Curriculum Committee reviews curriculum and academic policies to ensure compliance with Title 5 and California Education Code prior to recommendation to the District Governing Board for final approval. The committee also ensures that curriculum is sound, comprehensive, and responsive to the evolving needs of our students as well the academic, business, and local communities.
Approved by the Curriculum Committee (11/18/14)
- Curriculum meetings are open to the public. Attendance is encouraged for those who develop or are impacted by proposed changes to curriculum.
- All scheduled meetings starting in fall 2022 will take place via zoom and in Yosemite Room 213. See Kelly Addington for zoom meeting information or link provided at the top of each agenda.
- Course and program proposals approved now through fall 2022 (Last October meeting) will take effect Fall 2023. Starting November 2022, approvals are effective fall 2024.
- All Curriculum Committee Meetings are recorded.
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes can be found at the following link:
- 2021-2022 Curriculum Committee Meeting Dates
- 2022-2023 Curriculum Committee Meeting Dates
- Active Courses and Their Distance Education Status (Last Updated 11/23/22)
- F-18 Evidence Form
- Course Outlines of Record/View in eLumen without Logging In to System: MJC/eLumen Public Site
- Curriculum Committee Unit Review Process Document
- AB 705: What is AB 705?
- ACCJC Accreditation Standards (Adopted June 2014)
- Approved TMC Templates at the CCCCO
- Articulation Office
- Chancellor's Office Curriculum Inventory (New 2017 COCI 2.0 Inventory)
- Check the status of a statewide TMC (ADT) at MJC (Rev. 04/26/18)
- Class Capacity Determination Form (Used for Determining New Course Class Capacity)
- YFA Contract Article 4.9 Class Capacity
- Curriculum Review Matrix for 2018-2023 (Approved 11/21/17)
- Curriculum Review Matrix for 2013-2018 (Approved 09/10/13)
- C-ID PowerPoint
- Course Proposal Justification Form (Approved by CC 11/04/14, rev. 11/24/14)
- Course Quality and Currency Criteria (Approved March 20, 2018)
- Meeting Documents and Resolutions
(Sunset Policy, Independent Study Form, Resolution F 15-D, Curriculum Review Process, Course Justification form and more)
- Curriculum Committee Review Process (Approved by Academic Senate 04/16/15)
- How to review an MJC course to see if it aligns with a C-ID descriptor
- Program and Course Approval Handbook 7th Edition (PCAH)
CCCCO News and Documents
COCI System Advisory (Publicaton of Dates for COCI Downtime)