Available in etrieve or electronically through the office of college administrative services at MJC. Please note that all out of state travel requires yccd board approval and/or chancellor approval. Please keep this in mind when you are planning your trips and completing the paperwork process.
Required in advance (Board Policy 7400) for all staff traveling out of district using either a school vehicle or personal vehicle. If travel is within district and any form of pre-pay or reimbursement is needed, then a travel request is also required. Please process the form in e-trieve as soon as you are aware of your travel plans. Please allow plenty of time (4-6 weeks minimum) if pre-pays are required or if trip is out of state.
Field trip request form
Required in advance for all class field trips. All organized field trips must utilize college transportation for the trip (Board Policy 4300). Names of all participants going on the trip must be submitted to the facilities/events office and/or district transportation office prior to leaving on the trip. Allow 2 weeks for processing (3 weeks if requesting a bus). A student passenger list document is required to be filled out and emailed prior to leaving on your trip. Email address’ are on the document. The documents will be given to each driver when they pick up the keys.
Non-instructional student trip form
required for all trips with students that are not class field trips. All organized student club trips must utilize college transportation for the trip (board policy 4300). In addition to this form a TRF# is needed from mjc business services for all student club related trips. Allow 2 weeks for processing. A student passenger list document is required to be filled out and emailed prior to leaving on your trip. Email address’ are on the document. The documents will be given to each driver when they pick up the keys.
Depending on trip details and under certain circumstances (see travel request information above) employees may be required to complete a travel request as well.
Under special circumstances; if a student needs to drive their own vehicle they need to sign a student travel release form. That form can be obtained from the facilities/events office. The form is to be completed and all signatures obtained at a minimum of 1 week prior to travel date. Students are not allowed to transport other students on trips in their own vehicle.
Class meeting at an off site location
If an instructor is going to meet their class at an off campus site, during their regular assigned class time, they may tell their students to meet them at the site as long as it is within the district boundaries. Faculty and staff are not permitted to transport students in their personal vehicles. No forms are required but division dean approval is required.
Please call facilities/events office to reserve (ext. 6020)
- Sedans - seating for 5, this includes the driver
- Minivans - seating for 8, this includes the driver
- 11 passenger vans, this includes the driver - class b license with a passenger endorsement required to drive this van. For training and information on license requirements please call Keith Meredith, (209) 575-6578.
- Buses - to reserve call Keith Meredith at (209) 575-6578
Requirements for drivers
Please submit the following information to the facilities/events office on East Campus at MJC or the YCCD transportation office on West Campus.
License and form requirements
- Sedan or small van - copy of a valid california driver’s license. (new employees must also submit a current DMV printout), along with an employee pull notice form on file.
- 11-passenger vans - copy of a valid california driver’s license which must show a class b with a passenger endorsement, along with an employee pull notice form on file.
- Personal vehicle - copy of a valid california driver’s license along with an authorization to use privately owned vehicles on district business form (to be renewed annually).
Pick up keys in facilities/events office, Morris 110 (East Campus) or the YCCD transportation office/yard (West Campus). Driver clearance and the appropriate travel forms must be processed with proper signatures before keys are issued.
Note: if you have a very early departure, keys may be picked up the day before the trip, but the vehicle must remain on campus until the departure time/date shown on travel paperwork. For weekend travel, please pick up keys on Friday. Vehicles are not allowed to be taken home.
The vehicles are located both on the mjc east campus and the west campus yccd transportation yard. When picking up keys, please inquire at that time where your vehicle is located. You may leave your personal vehicle parked in the same parking spot as the vehicle you are taking. If your trip is for multiple days please contact YCCD security to let them know that your personal vehicle will be parked for an extended time on campus.
- Return vehicles to location where they were picked up.
- Please leave gas tank at least half full. (re-fueling facilities are located on both campuses).
- Clean inside of vehicle. Please do not leave your trash in the vehicles.
- Drop keys, mileage report, credit card and receipts into key drop box (drop boxes are located at both campus’)
There may be times when it becomes necessary to rent vehicles or buses. For information on approved rental companies to use please call our office, 575-6020. When using rental companies, it is required that you take out the full insurance that the company offers on the rental vehicles. Please also note that all YCCD/MJC travel documents and procedures are required even if using rental vehicles. A student passenger list document is required to be filled out and emailed prior to leaving on your trip. Email addresses are on the document.