Creating Leaders through Education
The Modesto Junior College (MJC) Upward Bound/TRIO program is designed to help students stay in school, improve their grades, graduate from high school and go to college.
The Upward Bound program offers academic support, college preparation services, tutoring and motivation to succeed.
Ceres High School Modesto High School
Tutoring: Wednesday Tutoring: Tuesday
Time: 2:40pm - 4:40pm Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Johansen High School Patterson High School
Tutoring: Thursday Tutoring: Tuesday
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Riverbank High School
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
*Currently all tutoring is taking place via Zoom. Program advisors will send out the links to Zoom sessions via Remind.
How can I sign up?
- Complete an Upward Bound application, which can be found in the counseling office of the participating schools or the link at the bottom of this page
- Complete a personal statement or autobiography
- Get a recommendation from a school official (teacher, counselor, or principal)
- Return the completed application to your counselor
How do I qualify or am I eligible?
- Low income, according to the guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education
- Potential first-generation college student
- Enrollment in one of the participating high schools or target area
- Demonstrate academic potential and personal motivation to succeed in high school and college
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.