Per Section 69432.95 of California Education Code, Modesto Junior College must advise students of the following information upon registration:
- A Cal Grant award is limited to four academic years, except as provided in subdivision (c) of Section 69433.6.
- A student needs to take 15 units per semester or 30 semester units per academic year, in order to graduate within four years.
Please note: For the purposes of the Cal Grant Program, "full time" means 12 or more
semester units and "part time" 6 to 11.5 semester units.
Cal Grant T provides assistance with costs for tuition and fees. At Modesto Junior College, the Cal Grant T award requires enrollment in the Bachelor's Degree Respiratory Care Program.
Refunds are calculated based on enrollment status per semester. Cal Grant recipients must be enrolled in 6 or more units to be eligible for a refund.
|Enrollment Status||Refund Amount|
|12 or more units (full-time)||$1,466.00|
|9 - 11.5 units (3/4-time)||$1,099.50|
|6 - 8.5 units (1/2-time)||$733.00|
Click on Refunds to view our refund dates.
- If your semester award is less-than $1,466 your refund will be reduced due to limited remaining eligibility. To view more information regarding limited remaining eligibility log into Webgrants for Students
- Repeated courses may not be counted as part of your enrollment status. Click on Terms of Agreement for more information on re-taking coursework
- You must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be eligible for this award each semester
- Courses not listed on your educational plan may not be included as part of your enrollment status
- Dropping courses after receiving a refund may result in you owing an overpayment.