Click on the icon below to begin the Chafee appeal process and receive the appeal form.
Follow the steps to SUCCESSFULLY submit your appeal request.
Complete the appeal form and gather all required documents as indicated on the Appeal Checklist
The Appeal Form is fillable so there is NO NEED to print.
1. Complete all questions on the Appeal Form.
2. Save your completed Appeal Form as a PDF.
3. Gather your Educational Plan and any other documentation you want to submit with your appeal.
To access your Educational Plan:
- Log into your Starfish account at mjc.edu
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines next to "My Success Network"
- Press on "Degree Planner"
- Click on your Educational Plan
- Press print, then under "Destination" select to save as a PDF
- Attach your Educational Plan to the appeal submission email
Contact the Counseling Office at (209) 575-6080 if you need to create a new comprehensive Educational Plan or update your current one.
Use your MJC Email to submit your Appeal request. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Use your MJC email ONLY to submit your appeal.
2. Submit your appeal to email@example.com ONLY. Receiving your appeal through our regular financial aid email slows down the processing of your request.
3. Attach your Educational Plan and any documents to your appeal submission.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete Appeals or Appeals received from your personal email will be returned as unprocessed.
Check your Student Email often for updates on the status of your appeal
1. We will send you an email when your completed appeal is received. Please allow up to five business days.
2. Once an appeal decision is made, you will receive an email reply. Please allow 3-4 weeks processing time.
1. Grades of EW (Excused Withdraw) will NOT affect your academic progress.
2. Appeal Workshops are currently NOT required.
If you have questions regarding your need to appeal, please contact a member of your Foster Youth Support Team.