WELCOME LGBTQ+ Community!
WHAT IS LGBTQ+?
LGBTQ+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender — but the plus that is usually included after the acronym encompasses a list of other identities that fall under the queer umbrella. The "+" aims to include those who identify as queer, intersex, asexual, demisexual, non-binary, gender fluid, pansexual, polyamorous, questioning and many more.
MJC is proud to address your needs as we work with you to provide resources, a safe environment in which to share your experiences, and the information needed to reach your personal goals. We are proud to serve LGBTQ + students because we believe in upholding student equity as we support you and your goals.
The MJC LGBTQ+ Advocates are dedicated to support the advancement and education for students, staff, faculty, and allies in accordance with MJC's Equity Plan, California Community Colleges Chancellor's office, and California State Law.
Promoting a Safe & Secure Campus for All
We're looking forward to working with you. See directory for appropriate service area and/or stop by one of our Pathways Center for appropriate referral.
- East Campus Pathways Centers, Student Services Building, Room 128
- West Campus Pathways Center, Yosemite Hall, Room 118
Canvas - Preferred Name Process
- Email Cheryl Chavez to update your preferred name in Canvas - firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email when the update has been made to the master list.
- Recommended - Email your instructor (s) to let them know as there can be some confusion when the Canvas name is different than the name in Piratesnet for submitting final grades.