Field trip and non-instructional trip forms are available in a fillable pdf.
Travel Requests: must be completed in E-Trieve system
- Required in advance for all staff travel out of district using either a school vehicle or personal vehicle. If travel is within district but any form of pre-pays or reimbursement will be needed then a travel request is also required. Please process the form within E-trieve as soon as you are aware of your travel plans. Please allow plenty of time (4-6 weeks minimum) if pre-pays are required or if trip is out of state.
Field Trip Request Form
- Required in advance for ALL class field trips. All organized Field trips must utilize college transportation for the trip (Board Policy 4300). Names of all participants going on the trip must be submitted to the Facilities/Events office and/or District Transportation office prior to leaving on the trip. Allow 2 weeks for processing. (3 weeks if requesting a bus).
Non-instructional Student Trip Form
- Required for ALL trips that involve students but is not a class field trip. All organized student club trips must utilize college transportation for the trip (Board Policy 4300). In addition to this form a TRF# is needed from MJC Business Services for ALL student club related trips. Allow 2 weeks for processing.
Class meeting at an off-site location
- If an Instructor is going to meet their class at an off campus site, during their regular assigned class time, they may tell their students to meet them at the site as long as it is within the District boundaries. Faculty and staff are not permitted to transport students in their personal vehicles. No forms are required but Division Dean approval is required.
Under special circumstances; if a student needs to drive their own vehicle they need to sign a Student travel release form. That form can be obtained from the Facilities/Events office. The form is to be completed and all signatures obtained at a minimum of 1 week prior to travel date. Students are not allowed to transport other students on trips in their own vehicle.
Please call Facilities/Events Office to reserve (Ext. 6020)
- Sedans (seating for 5, this includes the driver)
- Minivans (seating for 8, this includes the driver)
- 11 passenger vans, this includes the driver. *(Class B License with a passenger endorsement required to drive this van. For training and information on license requirements please call Jim Codoni, at ext. 6578).
- Buses ( For Reservations call YCCD Transporation at ext. 6578)
REQUIREMENTS FOR DRIVERS (Please submit the following information to the Facilities/Events Office, East Campus at MJC or the YCCD Transportation Office on West Campus).
License and form requirements
Sedan or small van
Copy of a valid California driver’s license. (New employees must also submit a current DMV printout), along with an Employee Pull notice form on file.
11 passenger vans
Copy of a valid California driver’s license which must show a class B with a passenger endorsement, along with an Employee Pull notice form on file.
Copy of a valid California driver’s license along with a
Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on District Business form (to be renewed annually).
Call Facilities/Events Office (ext. 6020) to schedule the use of a college vehicle.
Pick up keys in Facilities/Events Office, Morris 110 (East Campus) or the YCCD Transportation office/yard (West Campus).
Driver clearance and the appropriate travel forms must be processed with proper signatures before keys are issued.
Note: If you have a very early departure, keys may be picked up the day before the trip, but the vehicle must remain on campus until the departure time/date shown on travel paperwork. For weekend travel, please pick up keys on Friday. Vehicles are not allowed to be taken home.
The vehicles are located on both the MJC East Campus and the West Campus YCCD Transportation yard. When picking up keys, please inquire at that time where your vehicle is located. You may leave your personal vehicle parked in the same parking spot as the vehicle you are taking. If your trip is for multiple days please contact YCCD Security to let them know that your personal vehicle will be parked for an extended time on campus.
Return vehicles to location where they were picked up at.
Please leave gas tank at least half full. (Re-fueling facilities are located on both campuses).
Clean inside of vehicle. Please do not leave your trash in the vehicles.
Drop keys, mileage report, credit card and receipts into key drop box (drop boxes are located at both Campus’)