Renewing Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Who can renew?
- Anyone who meets the initial DACA guidelines
- DID NOT depart the U.S. on or after Aug 15, 2012
- Continuously reside in the U.S. since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and
- Not been convicted as a felon, a significant misdemeanor, or 3 or more misdemeanors & don’t pose a threat to National Security
When to renew?
- Submit renewal request forms 120 days (4 months) before your current period of DACA expires
- DO NOT submit forms 5 months early, it will be rejected and sent back
Save to renew!
- In order to renew DACA, you will need a total of $465.00 again.
- If you need legal advice, seek help from a trusted immigration attorney; also
- Obtain a copy of original DACA request
What do I need?
You will need to submit the following forms:
- DACA Cover Letter (Optional)
- Copy of the I-797 notice of approval
- Copy of employment authorization card (front & back)
- 2 passport-style photos (2”x2”)
- Check or money order of $465.00
Note: Make copies of all items before mailing!
Note from USCIS: Do not submit any additional documents at the time you request renewal unless:
You have new documents involving removal proceedings or criminal history that you did not already submit to USCIS in a previously approved DACA request.
USCIS may request additional documents or statements to verify information provided in support of requests for renewal of DACA. We may contact other government agencies, education institutions, employers, or other entities in order to verify information.