How do I get a job without any experience? How do I get experience without having a job? This is a dilemma many students face as they prepare to enter the workforce in their field of study. Work-Based Learning allows students to combine their classroom learning with professional work experience.
You’ll focus on:
1. Continue to search and participate in opportunities that will help you develop the qualities and skills employers are looking for such as leadership, analytical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Join a student organization, volunteer, or obtain a job that will provide you with an opportunity to learn and engage in a professional environment.
2. Expand portfolio to include volunteer activities, student organization participation, completed certificates and employment (Exploration & Preparation activities).
3. Research internship options and develop and internship on your own or with the help of Career Services Center staff.
4. Expand professional network through networking opportunities.
- Attend a Career Fair or Mixer
- Join a professional organization in relation to field of study