TRIO SSS is accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year!
Are you interested in transferring to a 4-year university? Consider applying to be part of MJC’s TRIO Student Support Services program! Students in the program benefit from priority registration, exclusive scholarship opportunities, one-on-one academic/career counseling, campus visits and more!
Students joining the TRIO SSS Program must be:
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- First-generation college student (neither parent has completed a four year college degree) and/or
- Low-income, according to guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education (income verification will be requested) and/or
- Have a verified disability
- Want to transfer to a 4-year university
- Have less than 24 transferable units
- Math 29/30 and English 50 placement level
- Minimum High School or College GPA of 2.00
- Accepted for new enrollment at Modesto Junior College or currently enrolled as a full time student at MJC
- Successful applicants must demonstrate academic potential and personal motivation to transfer to a four year college or university.
You will also need to provide us with a copy of your parents' 1040 tax information
(if under of 24 years-old) and your 1040 tax forms (if you filed taxes). If you are 24 years old or older, just
provide a copy of your 1040 tax form. If you or your parents did not file taxes, please complete
the Student Income Verification Form.
Your completed application can be dropped off at the TRIO SSS Office in Morris Building 107 on East Campus, or mailed to: TRIO Student Support Services, Morris Building 107/East Campus, 435 College Avenue, Modesto, CA 95350-5808. If you have questions, please call (209) 575-6189.
Space is limited so apply today!