Logistics jobs are among the fastest growing occupations in the Central Valley region with an increasing demand for a skilled workforce. Warehousing and distribution facilities are growing at a rapid rate in the Stanislaus and San Joaquin County area, and these industries seek workers who have professional skills in logistics and supply chain management. The Modesto Junior College Logistics and Supply Chain Management program provides students with these career skills and prepares students to go directly into the workforce.
At MJC, students in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management program receive a vocational education and a foundation for careers in warehouse operations, inventory control, distribution center operations, production and materials planning, transportation, procurement, customer service, and Import/Export.
The following Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree and certificate programs are offered at MJC. Click on each award link to view the program requirements and learning outcomes.
- A.S. Degree in Logistics and SCM
- Certificate in Logistics and SCM
- Skills Recognition in Logistics and SCM
- Logistics Associate Skills Recognition
Students can select the degree or certificate program that best meets their educational goal, whether that is to transfer, obtain an associate degree, gain new job skills or upgrade existing skills. Students may also choose a certificate or skills recognition path now, and return later to complete an associate degree.
2018 spring classes offered:
- LOGST 201 Operations Management and Lean Principles
- LOGST 202 Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- LOGST 206 Introduction to Purchasing & Contracting
- LOGST 207 Introduction to Customer Service
- LOGST 300 Global Logistics Associate Training
- LOGST 301 Lift Truck Operations and Safety Training