The Modesto Junior College Counseling Center invites MJC students to a Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program Information Session on Friday, October 28, 9 a.m. in the Center for Advanced Technologies (CAT) room 218 on East Campus.
In order to apply to the HACU National Internship Program applicants must have:
- Completion of freshman year of college before the internship begins
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program (Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's degrees, etc.) at an accredited higher education institution. (Students pursuing only a credential or certificate program are considered ineligible.)
All MJC students who meet the above requirements are eligible to participate in this paid internship program in Washington D.C. (Students do not have to be Hispanic).
Since 1992, HACU has been opening the doors of opportunity to students by offering one of the best internship programs in the country. Participation in an internship is a valuable opportunity for students to gain hands-on work experience.
Unlike many other internship programs in Washington D.C., there are no fees for applying or participating in the program. On top of that, all internship positions are paid; housing and travel can be arranged at no cost to the interns; provisions can be made for interns to receive academic credit, and free professional development activities are regularly offered during the program.
The Information Session on Oct. 28 will assist students to:
• Learn about the types of internship experiences offered
• Gain knowledge on the application process
• Hear personal testimonies of past participants
Seating is limited! Contact Ariana Gonzalez for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.