Modesto Junior College students can ride Modesto Area Express (MAX) and Stanislaus Regional Transit (StanRTA) buses for free simply by displaying an MJC Student ID card with a current semester sticker.
Students should follow these three steps to ride free:
1. Obtain a current semester activity sticker from one of these locations
- Business Office, located on the first floor of the Student Services Building on East Campus
- Student Development and Campus Life Offices located in the Student Center on East Campus or the Mary Stuart Rogers Student Center on West Campus.
- The Student Development Office
- Campus Life Office on East Campus
2. Show your MJC Student ID card with the current sticker as you board a MAX or StanRTA bus.
- Board the bus whenever it is in service, and get on and off at any stop.*
*The following routes and services are excluded: commuter buses going to Merced or the BART and ACE stations; Medivan service; any demand response shuttle, and StanRTA Paratransit or Dial-A-Ride services.