Modesto Junior College welcomes the Stanislaus County Music Educators Association (SCMEA) Festival on Friday, January
24 and Saturday, January 25 in the Auditorium of the Performing and Media Arts Center on East Campus, 435 College
Avenue, Modesto. This joint effort with SCMEA and Stanislaus County Office of Education join students
throughout Stanislaus county together to rehearse the music and learn new techniques
under the direction of an outstanding conductor.
Outstanding guest conductors work with an auditioned honor band and honor orchestra and a festival choir made up of outstanding students who are recommended by their schools music teacher. Each year three junior high/high school music teachers assume the role of group managers for this event led by a festival coordinator.
Please join our guests for these free concerts on Friday, January 24 and Saturday, January 25.
Friday, January 24 at 7 pm in the PMAC (Auditorium) – Honor Choirs
Saturday, January 25 at 2 pm in the PMAC (Auditorium) – Honor Orchestras
Saturday, January 25 at 7 PM in the PMAC (Auditorium) – Honor Bands
The Stanislaus County Music Educators Association's (SCMEA) purpose is the mutual collaboration and promotion of "BETTER SCHOOL MUSIC: utilizing all the best efforts of the various agencies of music education. This will be achieved by...
- Constantly promoting the music development of all students of Stanislaus County
- Advocating for quality music education for all students of Stanislaus County
- Fostering and reinforcing music education as a life-long endeavor
- Supporting the changing professional needs of our members
- Creating and nurturing an environment that holds music to be a basic element of education for all students and a necessity of life for all people
A big thank you to Professor Erik Maki who helps coordinates this festival and has been a gracious host of the SCMEA festival for over 10 years!