Life Threatening: Call 9-1-1, then if you are able call Campus Safety – 575-6351.
Non-Life Threatening: Call Campus Safety – 575-6351.
- Describe the type of injury or illness with a brief description of how it happened and provide the location.
- Do NOT move the injured or ill unless it is necessary to avoid further injury.
- Provide first aid only to the extent of your personal training and ability.
- If possible, have someone meet the medical personnel to direct them to your location.
Seizure: Call Campus Safety – 575-6351.
- Ease the person down to the floor immediately and loosen restrictive clothing.
- Give the person as much privacy as possible.
- Do NOT attempt to force any object between the teeth.
- Do NOT hold him/her down. Instead make him/her as comfortable and safe as possible.
- Talk to him/her until medical personnel arrive to assist.