PUBLISHED ANNUALLY IN THE MJC CATALOG
Students who satisfy General Education requirements for the associate degree at Modesto Junior College will be able to:
Demonstrate proficiency in NATURAL SCIENCE by:
- Explaining how the scientific method is used to solve problems.
- Describing how scientific discoveries and theories affect human activities.
Demonstrate proficiency in SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE by:
- Describing the method of inquiry used by the social and behavioral sciences.
- Describing how societies and social subgroups have operated in various times and cultures.
- Analyzing the ways that individuals act and have acted in response to their societies.
Demonstrate proficiency in the HUMANITIES by:
- Demonstrating awareness of the various ways that culture and ethnicity affect individual experience and society as a whole.
- Demonstrating the ability to make well considered aesthetic judgments.
Demonstrate proficiency in LANGUAGE AND RATIONALITY by:
- Demonstrating awareness of the interactive nature of communication involving effective listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
- Demonstrating critical thinking in the analysis and production of communication.
- Demonstrating the ability to find, evaluate, and use information in a variety of formats.
Demonstrate proficiency in HEALTH EDUCATION by:
- Describing the integration of the physiological and psychological human being.
- Analyzing the development of self and making plans for lifelong learning.
- Evaluating the impact of daily decisions on life and health.