MJC Agriculture Department has a variety of extracurricular activities and clubs including:
Members of the Young Farmers Club enjoy activities throughout the year that serve to bridge the gap between high school age and young adulthood by providing the MJC Agriculture students the opportunity to meet and connect with people of their same interests and general age.
- Foster student social relationships
- Encourage student involvement
- Promote industry connections
- Develop cooperation with the community
- Young Farmer Scholarship Opportunity
- See more on our MJC Young Farmer Facebook & Instagram pages!
Fall 2022 Officer Team
Spring 2022 Officer Team
We are excited to have these exceptional MJC Ag Students to lead us in
a great upcoming Spring 2022 Semester!
FALL 2021 YOUNG FARMER ACTIVITIES:
- Monday, September 27, 2021 -
1st meeting with Volleyball Tournament & Milk Drive 6:30 p.m. #GiveAGallon
- Monday, October 18, 2021 -
2nd meeting Pumpkin decorating contest 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 29, 2021 - 3rd meeting Thanksgiving dinner with an ugly sweater contest 6:30 p.m.
**Following the schools current guidelines, all meetings will be held in the pavilion main arena with members wearing masks and less than 100 in attendance, while maintaining social distancing.
Pullin' Pirates: includes annual MJC Truck Pull
Activities include Winter Classic (Cattle) and Spring Classic (Swine, Sheep & Goats)
Jackpots, Livestock Judging Team, etc.
See more on our Animal Science Highlights and News Page
Activities include the Dairy Replacement Heifer Sale (held every other year in October), Judging Teams, bowling, and more
Environmental Horticulture Science
Activities include club meetings, the Annual Plant Sale, field trips, and more
Activities include club meetings, bowling (see above with dairy), senior day, chicken
barbeque, PEPA conference, poultry shows, field day, and more