Refunds & Disbursements
COVID-19 Related Refunds:
- Refunds for Spring 2020 classes dropped with an EW registration status between March 4th and April 4th, 2020 have been refunded.
- As of the Summer 2020 semester, classes dropped with an EW registration status are not eligible for a refund. Drop and Refund dates apply as listed on the student’s class schedule.
- A grade of EW received for Spring 2020 and beyond are NOT eligible for a refund. Students may contest their registration status of these classes by submitting a General Student Petition to Enrollment Services.
For more information, please read the Enrollment Services COVID-19 FAQ here.
Refunds for Dropped Classes
Classes must be dropped from the student’s class schedule by 11:00 PM on or before the refund date associated with the class and section number. Refund date information for each class is available online via the posted Class Schedule. Find details and information about how to drop a class here.
Tuition reimbursements as a result of dropped classes will be applied as a credit to the student’s account. Only when this results in an outstanding credit balance may a refund be requested.
Refunds of Tuition Reimbursements
Tuition reimbursements as a result of cancelled classes or financial aid status changes will be applied as a credit to the student’s account. Only when this results in an outstanding credit balance may a refund be requested.
Refunds of Other Fees
Refunds and reversals of other fees (i.e.: field trip cancellations, fee waivers, etc.) will be applied as a credit to the student’s account. Only when this results in an outstanding credit balance may a refund be requested.
Requesting a Refund
Student’s may request a refund of their outstanding credit balance by following these steps:
- Sign-in to your PiratesNet account
- Select the Current/Former Students option
- Click the Online Refund Request Form link found under the Financial Information header
- Complete the form, and click the Submit button
Refunds are processed approximately 4-6 weeks from the request submission date. Refunds may be subject to $10 processing fee when applicable. Please review our Refund Policy for more information.
Scholarships & Grants
Students who are awarded a scholarship or grant will be notified by the MJC Scholarship office. For questions or information about scholarships, please contact the MJC Scholarship office at (209) 575-7715 or email email@example.com.
Applicable fees or tuition may be withheld from scholarship and grant awards. Any remaining amounts will be disbursed to students via BankMobile.
Students who are to receive financial aid refunds will be notified by the MJC Financial Aid office. For questions and information about your financial aid, please contact the MJC Financial Aid office at (209) 575-7700, or on LiveChat by clicking the orange chat tab below. Click here for more information about Financial Aid.
Applicable fees and/or tuition will be withheld from Financial Aid refunds. Any remaining amounts will be disbursed to students via BankMobile.
Disbursement of Financial Aid, Grants & Scholarships
Modesto Junior College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver financial aid refunds, scholarship and grant awards to students. For more information about BankMobile and disbursement options, including how to setup an account, please visit: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/
Already received your BankMobile Personal Code? Click here to get started: https://www.refundselection.com