Get Started on a New
Become a Pharmacy Technician
Tuition Free Program
Supported by California Adult Education Program (CAEP)
Our next program will begin in July 2024.
Please check back periodically for updates.
Pharmacy Technician Curriculum
The The MJC Pharmacy Technician Program is an advanced program. The Program consists of required class sessions, hands on simulation labs and externships. Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, classroom hours and externships may vary. Students must pass drug screen and background check to be placed in externship site.
Classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, to allow working students the opportunity to train for a new career. Online instruction will also be part of the program. This is a 10-12 month program with no semester breaks.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Must possess a High School Diploma or a GED Certificate
- Must possess a Social Security Number
- Pass the Pharmaceutical Calculations Math Exam (test dates to be announced)
- Meet the Reading Requirement
- Have a clean Background Check and Drug Screening
- Students will be required to provide proof of immunization and health clearance prior to starting externships. Immunization MUST include all current COVID-19 vaccinations available.