Climate and Sustainability Task Force
The mission of MJC CSTF is to work with the MJC campus and local community entities to better align the practices and policies of our college with the principles of sustainable development. As such, we:
- Promote the understanding of sustainability and climate change within our community and on our campus.
- Develop, implement, and maintain sustainable practices and reduce the carbon footprint of our campus.
- Build partnerships between various campus departments, local K-12 schools, universities, and other local entities in order to achieve the above stated goals.
- The committee membership will consist of MJC faculty, students, staff, and administration, as well as representatives from community partnerships. (A “committee member”, with voting rights, shall be defined as someone who has attended a regular meeting of the CSTF within the past two months and/or is actively engaged in the work of the committee).
- The committee will be chaired by an MJC employee (faculty, staff, or administration). The committee chairperson will serve in that position for a term of 2 years. After this term, a new committee chairperson will be decided by consensus or, alternatively, a majority vote of all committee members who have voting rights (see #1). There is no limit to the number of terms that a chairperson can serve.
- The committee shall be divided into the following subcommittees. Subcommittees may be added with a majority vote.
- Green Campus Subcommittee
- Green Outreach Subcommittee
- Green Curriculum Subcommittee