Communication Studies Honor Society
Sigma Chi Eta
MJC's Communication Studies Department is home to the Alpha Kappa chapter of Sigma Chi Eta, the National Communication Association's honor society for two-year colleges.
Video link: https://animoto.com/play/nx0wav3v6wcitD4aF6kmLg
Sigma Chi Eta was established by the National Communication Association in 2000 to recognize students at the community college level who are dedicated to enhancing their understanding of and contributions to the field of Communication. MJC's Alpha Kappa chapter was founded in 2010.
Benefits of Membership
Members in Sigma Chi Eta are eligible to represent Modesto Junior College’s chapter at local, regional, and national conventions. These conventions offer a wealth of professional resources to help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
Inductees receive the following membership items:
- certificate of membership
- lapel pin
- graduation honor cords
All applicants must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- be currently enrolled at Modesto Junior College
- have completed at least 12 units at MJC (any subject)
- have completed at least 9 units of Communication Studies courses (3 classes) at MJC. Applicable Communication Studies coursework from other accredited institutions will be considered.
- have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- have a Communication Studies GPA of at least 3.25
- display a commitment to the Communication field
- submit a $50 one-time membership fee for lifetime membership in Sigma Chi Eta
Ready to apply?
- The application period opens on the first day of the fall semester and closes on March 25th.
- Applications will be reviewed once a year, immediately following the March 25th deadline.
- Qualifying students will be inducted at the end of the spring semester.
- APPLY HERE: http://goo.gl/forms/7F3voo243b
Have questions? Email the Alpha Kappa Chapter Advisor Kyle Stubbs at StubbsK@yosemite.edu