Dental Assisting Program
Dental Assisting Program Information at a Glance
2023 Applications have closed.
We anticipate offering a Fall 2024 start for the next cohort.
Please check this website periodically for information and program updates.
2023 Dental Assisting Program supported by Strong Workforce Funds.
About Our Program:
- Hybrid online and in-class, evening class sessions to accommodate working students.
- Flexible scheduling placement for externship sites. 11-16 hours a week after the 8th week of class.
- 3 semesters, a total of 12 months with week-long breaks in between 16 week sessions.
- California Dental board-approved courses in:
- 2 - Hour Dental Practice Act
- 8 - Hour Infection Control
- 32-Hour Radiation Safety
- 12-Hour Coronal Polish
Our mission is to give Modesto Junior College Dental Assisting Program students the support to start a new career with confidence and expanded opportunities.
Students will complete real-world clinical experiences while attending the 12-month program, which prepares for an intro-level position in one of the fastest-growing careers in the allied health industry.
Students will acquire skills in both the roles of clinical and clerical position,
including Dental Board-Approved Certifications in Infection Control, Dental Practice
Act, Radiation Safety, and Coronal Polish, training of patient care, taking dental
impressions and fabricating dental molds, assisting the dentist and other healthcare
personnel, instrumentation, dental imaging.
Be certified and equipped to begin a career as a professional dental assistant!