Fall semester is quickly approaching! Make sure to follow the below steps to get your textbooks in time for Fall classes.
Ways to Purchase your Course Materials:
1. Purchase your textbooks from the MJC Bookstore
2. Purchase your textbooks from a third party vendor such as Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Thriftbooks or, CampusBooks.
What to know when purchasing textbooks:
- ISBN Number- A books ISBN number is a 13 digit unique number that will ensure you are purchasing the correct edition. Having your ISBN number handy is one of the easiest ways for you to purchase the correct edition of the textbook online. If using a third party retailer, simply type the ISBN number into their search bar and your textbook should come up as a result.
- Edition- It is important to make sure that you are purchasing the correct edition of the textbook. Textbooks are often updated to include new material so purchasing the wrong edition could mean you will be missing information when it comes to doing assignments.
- Buying vs. Renting- Something to consider when the time comes to purchase textbooks is that you don’t necessarily have to buy them. While many students choose to buy their textbooks for convenience, there are plenty of companies out there that offer textbook rentals instead. This may be more convenient for you if you don’t want to sell textbooks after the semester is over!
- Consider Ebooks- Many textbook retailers offer cheaper book prices for ebooks as opposed to printed books. Consider purchasing a book in an electronic format. Websites such as Amazon and Vitalsource offer textbooks that are in electronic formats.