DAS Electrician Trainee Program
What is an Electrician Trainee?
Legislation passed in 1999 requiring all electricians who work for a C-10 Electrical Contractor to be Certified by the State of California. If you wish to work for a C-10 Contractor but don’t yet qualify to take the Certification Exam you must register as an Electrician Trainee and enroll in a California DAS Partner School.
To Be a "Certified Electrician" You must do two things:
- Work as an “Electrician Trainee” apprentice for a C-10 Contractor for 2,000 to 8,000 hours
- Pass the State Certification Exam.
The MJC is California DAS Partner School #136
- Our College is Approved to Offer Partial General Electrician and Partial Residential Electrician Curriculum
- For more information, contact Career Technical Education Division Office
MJC West Campus, Sierra Hall 255, or call (209) 575-6332
Enroll Now in these DAS approved courses:
- ELTEC 322 Technical Measurements
- ELTEC 320 Electrical Safety
- ELTEC 230 Electrical Blueprint Reading
- ELTEC 225 Residential Wiring
- ELTEC 208 Fundamentals of Electricity
- ELTEC 235 Electrical Codes
- ELTEC 223 Industrial Electrical Components
- ELTEC 226 Motor, Controls & Controllers
- ELTEC 229 Commercial & Industrial Wiring
- AGM 200 Introduction to Mechanical Tech.
- ELTEC 212 Digital Principles & Circuits
- ELTEC 221 Instrumentation Devices & Systems
- ELTEC 232 Intro to PLCs
- ELTEC 234 Intro to PACs
- ELTEC 236 HMI & Industrial Communications