Private docent led tours for schools and large groups are available for a fee. Programs
can be customized to create a tour that meets the educational needs of our visitors.
Tours are hosted Tuesday-Friday during our operating hours, after hour tours are available
for an additional fee. Contact us if you are interested in booking a tour, we would
love to host your group here at the Great Valley Museum.
*Please Note: The museum reserves the right to charge group sizes of 12 or more individuals the group admission pricing listed below. If you plan to organize your own tour of the GVM, please call ahead so we may schedule an appropriate time for you and your group.
Tour Programs Available:
Museum Tour and Live Animal Presentation
Our Museum Tour provides a detailed overview of our permanent museum exhibition and is tailored to suit the age/grade level of your group. This program is accompanied by a Live Animal Presentation featuring real animals and an in-depth discussion of their natural habitats.
Duration: 2 hours.
Our Planetarium Tour Program includes a planetarium movie screening of your choice inside our state of the art Planetarium featuring a Zeiss Skymaster ZKP-4 LED/fiber-optic star projector coupled with the Zeiss Velvet Projection System. Please see our Planetarium Page for more details on the different showings available.
Duration: 1 hours.
Our most popular option among school groups. A Combination Tour includes a Museum Tour/Live Animal Presentation coupled with a Planetarium Tour for the most comprehensive tour of our facilities. There is a discount given to groups that choose the combo option. Please note, combination tours are only available for groups of up to 70.
Duration: 3 hours.
Schools that are museum members receive a 25% discount rate from the prices below. You can check our membership page for more benefits and information on how your school can become a member.
|up to 40||$200.00||$280.00||$432.00|
|41 - 70||$300.00||$380.00||$612.00|
|71 - 100||Not Available||$480.00||Not Available|
*When finalizing numbers, please account for teachers and any additional chaperones/attendees, as they are counted for the overall number to determine pricing.
What does my school need to do if we want to book a visit?
- Contact us for available dates. You may call us at 209-575-6196 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once a date is arranged with us, you will be sent a reservation e-mail. A Purchase Order number will be required to finalize date(s).
- An application and certification insurance form will be attached to the e-mail.
- You must complete the above forms and have a purchase order returned to us at least three weeks prior to your scheduled visit. Proper paperwork not received three weeks prior to your visit will result in a cancellation.
- Once both forms are returned to the museum, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail detailing your visit.
- Visit the museum on your scheduled date and have a fun and educational time!
Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made out to "Great Valley Museum".