Make an Appointment
To meet with a writing tutor or other subject-specific tutor, students need to make an appointment.
Call or visit the Library & Learning Centers to schedule your appointment or drop in to see if a tutor is available.
East Campus (L&LC East)
West Campus (Yosemite 235)
Drop In for Math Tutoring
Math tutoring is available on a drop-in basis in the east campus and west campus Library & Learning Centers. Check out our Web site for daily hours.
NetTutor is an online tutoring platform available to all Modesto Junior College students that can usually be found through the course navigation menu of your Canvas courses. (Note: If you don't see it in one course, check another one.)
The subjects include Accounting, Administration of Justice, Anatomy and Physiology, Anthropology, Astronomy, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Child Development, Communications and Speech, Computer Science and IT, Economics, English Literature, Finance, French, FYE & College Student Success, Geology, German, History, Italian, Logic, Math (Algebra, Basic Math, Pre-Calculus and above, Statistics, Probability, and Math in Spanish), Music, Nursing and Health, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and Writing.
You can meet with a live tutor, drop off a paper and get feedback from a writing tutor, or drop off a question.
Meet Our Tutors
- Here to help you be successful in your classes
- Students who have earned a high B or A and have been recommended by their instructors for classes they tutor
- Role models who help students understand course content, go over homework exercises, and prepare for tests and assignments
- Students too, so they have flexible schedules to accommodate your needs
What Tutors Don't Do
- Students' homework
- Give the answers to problems without helping students discover them
- Hold tutoring sessions outside the L & LC
- Hold tutoring sessions for specific faculty members