Who can I contact if I have questions?

You can contact one of our Dual Enrollment specialists at (209) 575-6019 or email dualenrollment@mjc.edu

What is Dual Enrollment?

Dual enrollment provides current high school and junior high students the opportunity to get an early start on earning college credit. Many courses are transferable to four-year colleges and universities; others lead to a short-term certificate and/or associate degree.

Who can participate in the Modesto Junior College Dual Enrollment program?

Any current junior high or high school student (ages 13 through 12th grade).

How can I participate in the Modesto Junior College Dual Enrollment program?

You must complete an MJC Online Application and submit a Special Part-Time Petition for Advanced Admission packet.

Is there a cost associated with participating in Dual Enrollment?

The current $46 per unit tuition fee is waived to current junior high and high school students (ages 13 through 12th grade) who take no more than 11 units during a fall, spring, or summer semesters. Textbooks and other fees may not be covered.

Am I eligible to participate in this program if I am undocumented?

Yes, undocumented students are welcome to participate in Dual Enrollment.Complete the steps Apply for Admission and PiratesNet & Email Account Activation on the following guideSteps to Success for Undocumented Students.

For additional help you can contact the Dual Enrollment office at  209-575-6019.

Where are the classes held?

Primarily classes are held at local high schools that are participating in the program, but classes are also available online.

Can I get accommodations through an IEP at Modesto Junior College?

Our Disability Services & Programs for Students (DSPS) department will assist you with receiving accommodations at MJC. Since your IEP only applies to high school classes your accommodations will be made based on the Modesto Junior College process.

What is the maximum number of units a Dual Enrollment student can take?

A Dual Enrollment student can take up to 11 units in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Please note: Registering for 12 units or more will void the fee waiver and will require payment for all units. 

What happens if I need to drop a class?

There are several ways to drop a class during the "drop period".

  1. Online through PiratesNet 
  2. In person at the Enrollment Services Office (Student Services Building). 
Can I meet with a Modesto Junior College counselor?

Yes. Once you have completed an online application to Modesto Junior College and have your student identification number (W#), you can make an appointment with a counselor.

If I am homeschooled, can I sign up for Dual Enrollment classes?

Students that are homeschooled can take advantage of the Dual Enrollment option. A parent or guardian of a pupil who is enrolled in a charter/home-school may petition directly without the signature of a principal and present a copy of the affidavit submitted to the State or County Office of Education to document the student’s involvement in an educational process. Fill out the Special Part-Time Petition for Advanced Admission.

Will Dual Enrollment courses transfer to a 4-year college or university?

Yes, most 100 and 200 level classes are transferable to most CSUs and UCs. Please check with the evaluations department at the college you would like to transfer to.