A $10.00 Entry Fee is required of all participants. Payment of the fee allows students to submit multiple entries to multiple contests, subject to the limitations of the individual contests. Students entering multiple contests need only pay the fee once. This fee is due by Tuesday, March 12, 2024 at 5:00pm. Visit our ticket website to pay your entry fee under the event labeled "Celebration of the Humanities 2023-2024 Entry." If you have any questions, please call the School of Arts office at 209-575-6081.
You must pay the $10 Entry Fee if you wish to enter the Celebration of the Humanities Contest.
To enter, please fill out the Entry Form.
REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS:
Reminder: if you are submitting more than one entry, you will need to fill out an entry form for each one.
Submissions for the speech category are welcome with the following criteria.
- Speeches should be between 4 and 7 minutes in length. Speeches that are shorter or longer will be disqualified from competition.
- Speeches must be informative in nature. Speeches with a persuasive focus should not be submitted for this category.
- Speeches should be performed from memory, or extemporaneously using limited notes. Speeches should not be read directly.
- Submissions must not have been submitted to any other speech competition (Forensics, 4H, etc).
- Submissions should be in the form of a video recording. It is recommended that speakers record themselves in landscape orientation from the hip up (as this allows evaluators to consider all aspects of their non-verbal delivery).
Submissions should be submitted in high resolution .mp4 format. We can also accept unlisted YouTube or CanvasStudio links.
Vist the Celebration of the Humanities Home Page to see Contest Rules