The deadline to complete all sections of the application, upload academic transcripts, have recommendations in a complete status and hit the submit button is January 31, 2023!
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- MJC Students who have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average after fall 2022 grades have been posted (some scholarships will require a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher).
- MJC Students who have 12 units completed by the end of the fall 2022 semester. All 12 units do not have to be from the fall 2022 term. Example; if a student took 6 units spring 2022, 2 units summer 2022 and have 4 units fall 2022, that would meet the 12 units completed requirement to apply.
- Current high school seniors who will be new incoming freshman fall 2023 are exempt from the 12 unit requirement but will need to scan and upload a copy of their high school transcript as it stands by January 31, 2023.
- Students must have a major.
Before You Begin
The MJC Awardspring online application will be available the first Monday of October
2022, until the deadline, January 31, 2023. Students will be able to access the application
during that time frame only. Because it is easy to get busy and forget about the deadline,
time management and attention to the
deadline are important.
To Log In
Sign in to Awardspring on this page using your MJC username and password.
Important Information Regarding the Scholarship Essay
- One of the most important components of the application is the essay. We don’t want a paragraph or a sentence or two, but a well put together college level essay with an introduction, two or three supporting paragraphs and a conclusion.
- The essay should tell us a little bit about you, your major, why you chose this major, and where do you see yourself going with it in the future. Write thoughtfully and be genuine. Allow the real you and the passion for your major to shine through.
- When writing your scholarship essay, stay on topic! Make sure not to get off track and start writing about things that have nothing to do with your major. Proofreading your essay will help.
- A set word requirement is not required. The program will not allow more than 1000 words in this section of the application. It is recommended that you copy and paste your essay from Word/Office.
- Students are required to submit two complete online recommendations by the January 31, 2023 deadline. It is imperative to check that a response to the recommendation request has been received before the final deadline, January 31, 2023! This is the responsibility of the student. Be mindful and ask the instructor/recommender in advance for his/her endorsement. Let them know ahead of time that he/she will receive an email request for an online recommendation directly from your awardspring scholarship application and that the final deadline is January 31, 2023!
- Two online recommendations are required! One recommendation must be from an instructor and the other can be from another instructor, academic counselor, school official (that is familiar with your classroom participation), coach and or your employer, but only if the employment can be connected to your major. Recommendations from family, friends and coworkers are not acceptable!
- Something to keep in mind, when we look at your academic transcript and see that you’ve done well in classes that pertain to your major, we hope to see at least one or two recommendations from those instructors.
Optional File Uploads
At the end the application you will come to a section for optional file uploads. Just as the name indicates, this is optional. It is strongly recommended that you take full advantage of this area to upload things like artwork or photography, short stories/poetry, certificates/awards, if you made the MJC President’s list for grades, upload a copy of the letter received from the president of the college. Remember, the committee member or donor who reads your application doesn’t know you, so make every effort to share is much as you can.
Checklist Before Hitting the Submit Button
- I have completed ALL sections of the application!
- My essay contains an introduction paragraph, two to three supporting paragraphs and a conclusion.
- My essay clearly states my major and future plans as they pertain to my major.
- An unofficial transcript that includes fall 2022 grades has been scanned and uploaded to the application as a PDF.
- The two recommendations required are in a complete status and are no longer pending. At least one recommendation is from an instructor and the other is another instructor, school official, counselor, or employer (only if the employment can be connected to your major). No family, friends, mentors or co-workers!
- All the above checklist items are complete and the submit button has been hit!
The Final Deadline to Complete the Application and Hit the Submit Button is January 31, 2023
- Please feel free to reach out to the scholarship office for questions and other general
inquiries that you didn’t find in the instructions to apply.
- Melissa Clark (209) 575-7715