Students at the M.J.C. East Campus

Get Started at MJC

Step 1: Apply Online
Step 2: College Orientation 
Step 3: English & Math Placement
Step 4: Education Plan
Step 5: Apply for Financial Aid
Step 6: Register for Classes

Need help?

Contact the friendly Enrollment Services staff if you have questions about adding or dropping classes, or filing for pass/no pass.

Other questions? Call 209-575-6789.

The Assessment Testing Office administers tests to help you select appropriate courses or satisfy pre-requisites.

International students should start by visiting our Information for International Students.

Modesto Junior College

Temporary Absence

In order for you to receive certain immigration benefits (such as practical training, or work due to economic hardship), you must have been in status for one full-academic year (nine months or two semesters). You may be readmitted to the U.S. to resume study after a temporary absence of 5 months or less without jeopardizing your “time in status.” In other words, you will not need to wait another 9 months before being eligible for INS benefits (as long as you were in-status for one full academic year prior to leaving the country).

Time spent in a yearlong study abroad program can be counted towards the one full academic year of lawful enrollment requirement for practical training as long as you were in status for one full academic year before participating in the program.