Transferring to a University of California (UC)
Start Your Application Today! Click Here
The University of California is one of two public university systems in the state of California. It consists of 10 campuses with a total enrollment of over 220,000 students. In addition to fulfilling its teaching mission, the UC serves as the state's research institution and engages in a number of public service programs and industry partnerships. The UC offers bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and professional degrees and provides a number of opportunities for post-degree continuing education.
One Application, 9 Campuses
|UC Fall 2021 Application Opens||UC Fall 2021 Application Filing Period|
|August 1, 2020||November 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020|
You only need to fill out the application once and you will be able to submit it to as many UC campuses as you would like. If you do not qualify for a fee waiver, there is a $70 fee for each application you submit. The application is online only.
Note on UC San Francisco (UCSF)
UC San Francisco (UCSF) is a graduate only school devoted to the study of health sciences. As such, they do not offer bachelors degrees and you cannot transfer to them without first earning your bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
You must meet each of the following requirements to be eligible for transfer to a University of California. Please keep in mind; these are MINIMUM requirements. They do not necessarily mean you will be a competitive applicant.
- 7 Course Pattern Completed
- 1 English Composition Course
- (See Group 1A on the IGETC Transfer Pattern)
- 1 Critical Thinking/English Composition Course
- (See Group 1B on the IGETC Transfer Pattern)
- 1 Mathematical Concepts and Quantitative Reasoning Course
- (See Area 3 on the IGETC Transfer Pattern)
- 4 Courses from Areas 3, 4, and/or 5 on the IGETC Transfer Pattern
- (Courses must be from a least 2 different areas)
- 1 English Composition Course
- 60 Transferrable Units Completed
- Only units from courses numbered 100-299 are transferrable. However, not all courses in that range are UC transferrable. See the MJC catalog or a counselor for more information.
- 2.4 GPA
- Major Coursework Completed
- Varies by school. Can be found on Assist.
Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)
A Transfer Admission Guarantee offers guaranteed admission to qualified junior-level transfers. A TAG serves as a contract that guarantees your admission to a specific University of California campus upon completion of your 60 units, major preparation, and general education courses. You may only apply for one TAG to one UC Campus.
|UC TAG Fall 2021 Filing Period||UC TAG Winter/Spring 2022 Filing Period|
|September 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020||May 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021|
It is VERY important that you meet with your counselor BEFORE you apply for a TAG. Requirements are strict and you want to ensure you are doing everything that you need to do, or else you risk losing your TAG.
Participating TAG 2021-2022 Campuses
TAG 2021-2022 Admission Requirements
For school specific admission requirements, please review the following: UC TAG Matrix
|School||Fall 2021 Application Status||School||Fall 2021 Application Status|
|Irvine||Open||San Francisco (UCSF)||Not Available to Community College Transfers|
|Los Angeles (UCLA)||Open||Santa Barbara||Open|
University of California Campuses
Below is a list of links to all campuses in the University of California system. If you are looking for more campus-specific information, check out their websites!