How are 2+2 Articulations established or renewed with school site?
- Prepare Request to Articulate packet.
- Complete Early College/Tech Prep 2+2 Articulation form
- A current (not older than five years) high school, board approved course outline
- A copy of the course syllabus
- A copy of the final examination
- Send Request to Articulate packet to the Early College/Tech Prep 2+2 (EC/TP) office.
- Request to Articulate packets are copied and distributed to the Divisions and Instructors
for review. All original articulation agreements are maintained in the EC/TP office
- College instructor may require follow up information or suggest revisions from the
high school teacher.
- An articulation is a course-to-course, teacher-to-teacher agreement. There are no
blanket agreements from the same course at different schools within the same district.
- Multiple teachers at the same school site may be approved on a single agreement if
the same course outline, syllabus and tests are used by all.
- Articulation agreements are completed in the EC/TP office and sent the appropriate
division here at MJC.
- When approved by the division/instructor, the articulation agreement is sent to the
high school for signatures.
- Articulation Agreement is received from high school and finalized by the EC/TP Director.
- Copies are sent to high school instructor, MJC Division Dean and Instructor, and School
to Career/ROP Directors.
- Articulation agreements must be renewed every THREE years or sooner if the high school
teacher changes, moves to another school site or substantive changes to the approved
course outlines at the high school or college have been made.
- Students complete Request to Participate forms in the high school classroom.
- Student information is housed and maintained in the EC/TP database.
- Students earning a "B" grade or higher will be awarded Certificates of Completion.
- Students must send high school transcripts to MJC
- All students must complete the MJC online application for the summer term in February.
- Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will be required to complete and submit the High
School Petition for Advanced Placement.
- Teachers will receive a class roster from the EC/TP office.
- Teachers will submit final grades and rosters to the EC/TP office.
- Tech Prep 2+2 college credits will be awarded to the student following their high
school graduation once they have completed a Fall/Spring semester with passing grades
- Certificates of Completion will be sent to TP 2+2 students.
- Credits are posted to the students transcript in the early part of the following semester.
- Early College credits are awarded to students once they have applied to MJC and their
high school transcripts have been received by the MJC Admissions and Records office.
Title 5, Subchapter 9 of Chapter 6, Section 55753 and 55753.5 of the California Code
of Regulations clarifies practices used in granting college units for course work
completed in high school.